Paleo diet in healthy version, with menu to download
Have you heard of this diet? We analyze it, we see advantages and disadvantages and we propose the healthy version of CLARA. Downloadable printable menu included.
Celebrities like Miley Cyrus, Beyoncé, Adriana Lima or Jessica Biel are known followers of the Paleo Diet. Is this diet to lose weight then the secret to having a great guy? We do not know, but the truth is that the Paleo Diet has many positive things that we can apply to our diet. However, it also has a number of nutritional disadvantages that we will explain and counteract with healthy alternatives. Here you have everything about the Paleo Diet, its healthy version and a downloadable weekly menu in pdf.
WHAT IS THE PALEO DIET?
The Paleo Diet is committed to eating as our Paleolithic ancestors did, the cavemen. It is based on the consumption of foods that we can find directly in nature: vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, eggs and seeds, broadly speaking. Although archaeologists do not entirely agree, since it seems that this ancestor of ours ate what he could (but that is another matter).
Foods that are obtained through agriculture such as cereals or legumes do not enter the Paleo Diet. Dairy, sugar, salt and any processed food are also left out.
Do you want to read the new issue of the CLARA Magazine?
THEORETICAL BENEFITS OF THE PALEO DIET
Its defenders present the Paleo Diet as a way of eating to have more health, lose weight and fight the most common diseases of today’s society such as cardiovascular, autoimmune, obesity or diabetes. The reason is because, according to the creators of Paleo, our digestive system has not had time to adapt to the dietary changes brought by agriculture and, more recently, a sedentary lifestyle, and that is why these diseases exist.
It is important to be clear that the Paleo Diet is not a diet with proven benefits like the Mediterranean diet, for example, but is just another fad. In fact, within the Paleo Diet there are many currents. There are groups that advocate consuming any type of vegetables, whether they are starchy or not: include fermented dairy (yogurt, kefir), etc.
PALEO DIET: FOODS YOU CAN EAT
- Animal entrails
Thank you for watching
PALEO DIET: FOODS YOU CAN’T EAT
- Processed foods in general
- Dairy products
- Cereals: wheat, rice, corn, barley, oats, rye …
- Pseudocereals: quinoa, buckwheat, amaranth …
ADVANTAGES OF THE PALEO DIET: WHAT WE LIKE
- Vegetable predominance. We find it positive that this diet prioritizes foods such as fruit and vegetables. And we like that you specify that they must be seasonal.
- Quality proteins. Lean meat (white or red), fish, eggs … preferably from organically raised animals.
- Good fats. This diet gives importance to fatty foods such as nuts (their flours, for example, often replace wheat), seeds, oils such as extra virgin olive (never highly refined or hydrogenated ones), avocado, blue fish, etc.
- No salt or sugar. Or very little. Nor are they in favor of artificial sweeteners or other additives that take us away from the natural flavor of food.
- Home cooking. They put it before processed and ultra-processed foods. And although they relate it to the Paleolithic mode, the truth is that by cooking at home you get rid of bad fats, excess sugar, salt, etc.
- Bet on sports. It is a mainstay of the paleo lifestyle. Although there is a type of paleo training, which includes climbing, jumping, crawling or lifting weights, we remain with his recommendation to play sports regularly, whichever you like the most.