How to make a replacement meal at home? Nutritionist Kelly LeVeque , who got stars like Jessica Alba back in shape after pregnancy, has developed a formula for those who want to have a meal replacement even without protein powders and without purchasing packaged products, and provides a simple plan to get in shape thanks to this trick. The formula is called Fab4Smoothie , and it’s based on 4 customizable key ingredients (in the right quantities) that together create the perfect meal replacement. Let’s see what it consists of and how we can use it to lose weight through the plan.
SUBSTITUTE MEAL: DO IT AT HOME WITH THE NUTRITIONIST’S FORMULA
The Fab4Smoothie formula is as follows:
1 PORTION OF PROTEIN + 1 PORTION OF FAT + 1 PORTION OF FRUIT + 1 PORTION OF VEGETABLES.
To the basic formula you can add natural supplements of vitamins and mineral salts that we will see later and the quantity of water to taste that we can add to make the replacement meal more or less liquid according to taste (from 100 to 250 ml approximately). But how to calculate the portions? Here is a guide.
1 PORTION OF PROTEIN, to be chosen from:
– 100 gr of skimmed Greek yogurt or skimmed quark or skimmed milk flakes or light ricotta, or
– 100 gr of cannellini or red beans or chickpeas for the vegan variant (taken already boiled)
– 100 gr of liquid egg white (to harden in a saucepan with two tablespoons of water and let it cool) for those who do not consume milk or legumes.
– a scoop of protein powder from whey or vegan (from pea / rice)
1 PORTION OF FAT, to choose from:
– half a teaspoon of peanut, almond, hazelnut butter
– a teaspoon of chia seeds, flax, sunflower
– a teaspoon of coconut oil
– 30 grams of avocado
1 PORTION OF FRUIT to choose from:
– 100 grams of red fruits or strawberries or cherries or melon or watermelon or pineapple, peach, apple, pear, fresh plum yellow or red, apricots
– 60 grams banana or persimmon apple or fresh seedless grapes
1 PORTION OF RAW VEGETABLES, to be chosen from:
– 100 gr of fresh spinach, rocket, valerian, songino, fennel, celery
– 60 gr of carrot or beetroot
– 150 gr of cucumbers without seeds
To make our meal replacement a concentrate of well-being, we can freely add:
– spices such as cinnamon Ceylon or fresh ginger
– a pinch of turmeric with a pinch of black pepper
– a pinch of maca powder (anti-stress) or matcha (antioxidant)
– a pinch of spirulina powder (purifying)
Obviously not all together! Finally, we can sweeten our replacement meal with stevia, and add some fresh mint leaves.
The weight loss plan is simple:
– replace lunch or dinner with the replacement meal thus created
– do half an hour of physical activity every day, according to our choice and according to our possibilities
– do not overeat (or not compensate) at other meals, but act as usual.