The 1200 calorie gluten-free diet is a low-calorie diet designed for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitive. In sedentary women this diet allows you to lose 5 kilos per month. But why did I decide to offer you a low-calorie gluten-free diet? The reason is simple. Plenty of people who have eliminated gluten are at risk of being overweight and even at risk of diabetes according to the latest studies.
DIET WITHOUT GLUTEN: WHY ARE YOU RISK OF GETTING FAT?
This is because many gluten-free products on the market are richer in fats and sugars than the traditional version, and this affects calories. For example, it is not uncommon to find gluten-free bread that reaches 350-450 calories
per 100 grams, while traditional bread ranges from 250 to 300 calories maximum.
Another problem is that many gluten-free products on the market are less protein than those with gluten. This causes them to satiate even less, and increase the glycemic load of meals.
1200 CALORIES GLUTEN-FREE DIET
- 200 ml of skimmed or soy milk with no added sugar or 125 g of natural skimmed white yogurt. Coffee or tea with stevia. Two corn cakes with 100 grams of apple puree. 3 almonds.
- Alternatively. Omelette of 120 grams of egg whites with a tablespoon of buckwheat flour (15 g) + a level teaspoon of grated coconut, cooked in a non-stick pan and stuffed with half a banana in pieces or 130 grams of strawberries. Coffee or tea with stevia.
- Or: a portion of gluten-free pistachio cake or a portion of chocolate cake + 100 ml of skimmed or soy milk, coffee or tea without sugar.
100 grams of melon or strawberries or watermelon or a small peach + 20 grams of Grana Padano.
- 50 grams of basmati rice or corn pasta or buckwheat pasta or 50 grams of soy or rice noodles or 50 grams of quinoa seasoned with 200 grams of vegetables of your choice from zucchini, mushrooms, tomato, aubergines, peppers, squash, sprouts of soy, fennel, broccoli and a level teaspoon of oil + an optional one of grated Parmesan cheese.
50 grams of cooked ham or 100 grams of spring peas or 50 grams of ground veal or a can of natural tuna or 80 grams of shrimp / shelled seafood / octopus (fresh) or two egg whites.
These can be a second course or part of the first course (for example light carbonara with egg whites).
- Alternatively: salad of 200 grams of potatoes and 100 grams of boiled beans with cucumbers, celery, onion + a teaspoon of oil.
- Or salad of 100 grams of sweet corn + 150 grams of raw carrots (or pasta salad with 50 grams of legume pasta) + 50 grams of feta or stracchino + a sliced cucumber / cherry tomatoes + a level teaspoon of oil.
- At the end of the meal, a sugar-free herbal tea or a decaffeinated coffee + 3 almonds or 1 walnut.