When we talk about supplementary health we are talking about the area in which the supplementary health funds for the National Health Service (SSN) operate . We mean all the entities that must guarantee the citizen both supplementary and public assistance.
It is very important to be aware of the fact that there is a pillar, which originates from a national collective bargaining, which includes different stakeholders, such as:
- trading funds;
- company coffers;
- mutual aid societies;
- brokers and insurance companies.
But there is also another pillar of this branch, especially when speaking of supplementary health care, since it becomes of great importance since it guarantees a considerable saving of resources for the health system.
Let’s try to understand something more about integrative healthcare and how it can also be useful in the case of disease prevention.
In recent years, almost all companies continuously receive requests for social protection and social security from the part of the workers, which arises from all the new needs of the moment.
Business leaders must take on important responsibilities in order to be able to respond adequately to all needs.
Corporate requests , regardless of the economic characteristics of the companies themselves, of a person’s age or gender, are always :
- health care;
- supplementary pension;
- assistance services for the elderly;
- childcare services;
- food stamps;
- transport bonus;
- gym membership.
In fact, being aware of all the opportunities and benefits that can come from welfare measures , entails a growth in esteem among workers, given that since all these things are implemented, a general harmony is achieved with consequent greater productivity.
What are the benefits for employees?
Supplementary health care, given by greater corporate welfare, leads to a better quality of work, among the benefits for employees are :
- a high amount in the form of health coverage;
- the possibility and the right to apply for reimbursement of health care expenses;
- possibility to take advantage of tax benefits.
What are the tax benefits?
The contributions that are given to a possible Fund by the employee, for himself and for his family members, are always deductible from the taxable income.
But in order to be deductible it is important that :
- all contributions are paid to a Fund with the sole purpose of providing assistance;
- that the Fund provides the services to non self-sufficient subjects, therefore also all integrated home care services;
- that the Fund guarantees social and health services;
- that the Fund provides dental assistance without falling below 20% of the total amount of all the resources to cover the benefits guaranteed to its clients;
- the payment of all contributions to the Fund must be provided for in a collective agreement or agreement.
The Supplementary Health Care Fund must always comply with all the conditions , as well as always respect the minimum threshold of supplementary benefits through guarantee, or through the provision of a life annuity in the event of an unpleasant situation of non self-sufficiency.