How to check Quality of water:

Uncategorized

How to check Quality of water:

Water is a very essential component of our food and living. We can survive without food for about 2 to 3 weeks but we can’t survive without water more than a few days. Water is the largest constituent of the body and from this fact we can derive its importance. More than 60% of adult human weight is water. In women the water portion is low about 45% to 55 % as compared to man because in women there are more fat than muscle mass as in men. Water also regulates the nutrient intake and wastes excretion. Most of water is held as intracellular fluid that is about 55% while the rest 45% is extracellular fluid. So, it is very important to know quality of water. In this article I will discuss about quality of water and how check quality of water, reports that give information about water and precautions to drink water. This will article focus only on the quality of water. If you want to know more about water, its importance and functions, then click on this link and visit our article about Water:

Quality of water:

According to International Standards for Drinking Water, Water should be not be contaminated with any microorganism and chemical which is harmful for human health. As we know that water is a basic and most important component of our body. We can live without food but we cannot live without water. So, drink water is our necessary. In this article I will discuss about two types of water contamination.

  1. Microbiologically
  2. Chemically

Microbiologically Quality of water:

It is clear with name that it is a test to check Quality of water according to number of microorganisms in water. So, microbiologically water quality is determined by calculating total number of E.coli and Aerobacter aerogenes. According to some scientists 10 E.coli are health full for human. While more than 10 it is considered that water is polluted.

How to remove E.coli:

These microorganisms indicate presence of swage in water. They can remove by boiling of water.

Chemically Quality of water:

Chemically Quality of water can be determined by its color, taste, turbidity, pH etc. According to Health institutes water should have 6.5 to 8.5 pH level.

Causes of chemical pollutants in water:

  • Presence of heavy metals
  • Presence of fluorides
  • Presence of nitrates
  • Many other dissolved substances

Chemically there are two types of Water:

  1. Hard water
  2. Soft water

Hard Water:

Due to the presence of Carbonates and bicarbonates of calcium and magnesium in water, water becomes hard. Hard water is used for drinking purposes, because it has many trace elements that meet with the dietary needs of body.

Soft water:

Generally it is not recommended for drinking purposes.

Water borne diseases:

Due to the polluted water there many water borne diseases. Polluted water cause many health hazard effects on body. Some most important water borne diseases are given below:

Typhoid:

It is disease caused by Salmonela Typhi. It is found in polluted water especially water which is polluted by swage waste. As we know that water is responsible for enzymatic reactions and it is involved in each cell functioning. So, these bacteria may cause infection on many cells. Sometimes it is treatable but during severe condition it is untreatable.

Symptoms of Typhoid:

  • Abdominal Pain
  • Vomiting
  • Fever
  • Constipation
  • Headache

If you want to know more about Typhoid, then click on this link and visit our article about Typhoid:

 

Cholera:

Cholera is also water borne disease that is in severing conditions responsible for death. It is caused by bacteria Vibrio Cholerae. In sever condition it is untreated. It may leads to dehydration. Most important symptoms of cholera are given below:

  • Dry ness in mouth, throat and mucus membrane
  • Abdominal pain
  • Muscle cramps
  • Low blood pressure

If you want to know more about Cholera, and then click on this link and visit our article about Cholera:

Conclusion:

At the end in the light of above discussion we can say that, it is very important to check quality of water. Water is our need. So, Water should be cleaned microbiologically and chemically. Water pollution for drinking purposes may cause many sever diseases.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *