The weekend is a bit of the cross and delight of all of us: on the one hand, especially if we are on a diet or want to lose weight, we would like to carve out a free space of two days, to go out with friends, enjoy a pizza, take advantage of the shopping or free morning for a breakfast at the bar or a snack. Or often Sundays are spent with the family, or are invited out for lunch. The risk of this freedom is arriving on Monday with a little excess weight and a lot of guilt.
First of all, I would like to reassure you about this.
It is perfectly normal to weigh ourselves on Mondays and find ourselves with more weight if we ate and drank more. That weight is largely intestinal in nature: we literally have the weight of food on our stomach.
Add to this the water retention caused by alcohol or hard-to-digest foods.
Only a negligible part of it is body fat. Therefore, it is a good rule to avoid weighing yourself on Monday mornings.
In this article we see a simple weekend diet with many options, which allows us on the one hand to eat without gaining weight, on the other hand it avoids us starting on Monday with the knowledge that we should stay at the table to make up for it.
Saturday diet (Kcal: about 1750 for women, about 2100 for men)
Breakfast: unsweetened coffee or tea, more choice.
- A. An empty croissant at the bar (wholemeal or normal makes no difference) or an apple or berry saccottino + a glass of soy milk or half a glass of semi-skimmed milk or a pomegranate juice.
- B. A slice of sweet pear and chocolate + 150 grams of skimmed Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of honey and a
- teaspoon of muesli.
- C. 1 portion of light cocoa donut + 100 grams of cow or sheep ricotta with a teaspoon of honey + 8 grams of dark chocolate in pieces.
- D. Savory breakfast with two slices of toasted wholemeal bread + a scrambled egg with two slices of raw ham defatted in 5 grams of butter or oil + 200 ml of orange juice.
- E. 200 ml of skimmed milk, also delactosed or soy milk +
3 rice cakes or Wasa Fit slices (blue pack) with 20 grams (3 level teaspoons) of hazelnut cream or almond butter and 125 grams of skimmed white low-fat yogurt with a teaspoon of honey or alternatively milk with 55 grams of wholemeal biscuits or 60 grams of cornflakes + 125 grams of low-fat white yogurt.
Walk during the morning or twenty minutes of this circuit.
A large cucumber or a small carrot.
- A. Mixed salad with a choice of peppers, red onion, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, rocket, spinach, fennel, celery + a teaspoon of oil and one of apple cider vinegar + a small box of natural tuna (50 grams). Sugar-free coffee + 100 grams of unsweetened seasonal fruit.
- B. Vegetable cream choice between option 1 with mushroom cream and option 2 with sweet potatoes. Sugar-free coffee + 125 grams of low-fat white yogurt with the addition of stevia and cinnamon.
- C. Light minestrone (without legumes or potatoes) with a teaspoon of oil + 100 grams of chicken breast or natural tofu in a pan with a mix of aromatic herbs or 70 grams of bresaola + coffee + 100 grams of kiwi, apple or pear.
- D. Hummus light obtained by blending 100 grams of boiled and drained chickpeas with 100 grams of skimmed Greek yogurt or skimmed quark + a teaspoon of oil + a piece of garlic and a handful of parsley or fresh mint. To be served with raw Belgian endive or two sliced carrots. Sugar-free fennel seed tea.
- For men: double the protein quota and in case B and D add 25 grams of parmesan. Add a packet of crackers to all meals.
- 150 grams of fresh apple or pear or pineapple.
Dinner. At your choice.
- A. A marinara pizza or a baby margherita pizza without added oil (200 grams) + a zero or light coke. You can add rocket or fresh mushrooms to the marinara. For men: normal or vegetable margherita + 33 cl light beer.
- B. Simple burger with 180/250 gram meat burger, no mayonnaise, yes to ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, with tomatoes and salad. Side dish of grilled vegetables or mixed salad. Coca zero or light. Two bites of a dessert shared between cheesecake or chocolate cake or tiramisu (let’s say a third of the portion). For men: cheeseburgers + light beer.
- C. A glass of white or red wine + 5 slices of mixed salami + 3 slices of cheese + your choice or 2 slices of baguette bread + mixed grilled vegetables with balsamic vinegar and a teaspoon of oil or 3 pieces of tomato bruschetta. For men: double the amount of cold cuts and an extra bruschetta or two extra slices of bread.
- D. A glass of prosecco + 4 nigiri + 4 hosomaki + a futomaki + small portion of sashimi + a scoop of green tea ice cream. For men: 2 futomaki and 3 more nigiri, light beer instead of prosecco.
- E. Kebab sandwich without fries and without mayo (spicy sauce and yogurt sauce ok) + zero or light coke. For men: 33cl beer + mayo in the kebab.