On the Oculus official website we see the recommended requirements to use Oculus Rift on your PC: we immediately notice that they are very high!
Here they are listed:
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit or later
- CPU: Intel i5-4590, equivalent or higher
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD R9 290, equivalent or higher
- RAM memory: 8GB or more
- Video Output: Compatible with HDMI 1.3 video output
- USB ports: 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0
As you can see, you will need a high-performance computer to support the device’s ultra-high resolution of 2160 × 1200 pixels (1080 × 1020 per eye) and a frame-rate of 90fps . We remind you that Oculus Rift is available for pre-order on the official website at a price of $ 699 for Italy .