Too much sugar? How to detox and reset the metabolism? In this article we see the advice of a doctor, or Dr. Amy Shah , an expert in integrated medicine.
HOW TO DETOX FROM TOO MUCH SUGAR
- Start the morning by drinking warm water with lemon juice or a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar + a sprinkle of cinnamon. If you are constipated and bloated, add a teaspoon of oil to the mixture, and drink it on an empty stomach.
- Drink more water during the day, especially from early morning until five in the afternoon.
- Eat in a window of 12 hours maximum . From when you wake up and have breakfast to when you finish dinner, it should take a maximum of twelve hours, no more. So light dinner and evening fasting.
- Take vitamins of group B, vitamins C and D. Vitamins of group B are essential for metabolism, and in particular they convert sugars into energy in large part. You can take brewer’s yeast tablets or eat calf’s liver for lunch for the B vitamins. For vitamin D, a Greek yogurt for breakfast and a skimmed dairy product or very well cooked mushrooms for dinner is good. For vitamin C: peppers, parsley, citrus fruits, leafy vegetables. Follow this regimen for at least two to three days.
- Avoid raw vegetables, but eat them well cooked. Excess sugar has made your intestines weaker. If you eat raw vegetables, you can irritate him even more. Instead, eat well-cooked vegetables for both lunch and dinner.
- Take a nap in the afternoon or go for a walk or yoga session. Excess sugar has put stress on your body. Reset everything by trying not to do drastic things but to rest.
- After dinner, eat red fruits. Blueberries are very antioxidant and rich in polyphenols and vitamin C.
- Drink a cup or two of spiced tea with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, or turmeric. These should be drunk throughout the day, without sugar but at least with stevia. They are anti-inflammatory, reduce blood sugar, help the liver.
- Go to bed early.