Pressotherapy is a treatment technique that we all really know and that over the years has proven to be very effective.
Not everyone knows, however, that it not only serves to improve one ‘s cellulite but also has an excellent impact on those who suffer from diseases of the circulatory and lymphatic system .
We have understood that pressotherapy is a great treatment that is not only aesthetic and many of us certainly do not know it.
But how many of you know that pressotherapy can be done at home ?
And then which machine or device to choose to do the treatment at home ?
In this we can only help you thanks to the 7 reviews we will talk about at the end of the article and which tell of 7 different machines but all valid for what we have to deal with.
The opinions on pressotherapy are all decidedly positive and anyone who has started both medical and aesthetic treatment can only be defined as happy and satisfied with the choice made.
But what are the prices of these devices ?
We will also talk about this in the second part of this informative article that will first make an excursus on the applications of pressotherapy for weight loss and on cellulite up to the medical and therapeutic applications that are certainly less known.
What is pressotherapy?
Pressotherapy is a very interesting detoxifying treatment which, through effective lymphatic drainage, helps to promote natural functions to eliminate toxins from the body .
Tissue revitalization and oxygenation help streamline and redefine the legs, stomach and arms while improving skin tone.
- improves and helps in the treatment of cellulite
- it is slimming and detoxifying, certainly a safe alternative to liposuction
- perfect for body shaping and profiling
- Relieves pain and swelling and offers immediate comfort
- It redefines the legs, stomach and arms by improving skin tone
Pressotherapy is a computer controlled compression system that works with inflation pumps.
The device has five separate air chambers, which are positioned around the limbs, meaning that they slide in like mats and gradually swell.
These air chambers focus on the movement of venous and lymphatic flow , starting at the ankles and moving towards the upper part of the thighs.
Designed to increase blood circulation and lymphatic flow, pressotherapy also improves the purity of extra-cellular fluids, reduces swelling, swelling and edema, relieves leg fatigue, and improves the flow of oxygen throughout the body. .
Pressotherapy can be used in combination with seaweed wraps to detoxify, firm, tone, improve circulation and increase lymphatic drainage.
An excellent and relaxing alternative to liposuction, therefore, which can be combined with vacuomobilization treatments for truly exceptional results.
How does the pressure therapy equipment work?
A computer-controlled pump inflates individual sections of the bladders, positioned around the limbs.
The pump inflates each chamber individually.
Once a chamber has been inflated, its pneumatic circuit closes.
This allows the pump to maintain the preset level and avoid pressure balancing with the other air chambers around the body.
When a chamber is inflated, this causes the pressure of the previously inflated chamber to increase, creating an automatic double pressure gradient.
Who Should Use Pressotherapy?
- people who rely on lymphatic drainage to detoxify their body.
- people who want to improve the contour of the body.
- people with post-surgical or congenital lymphedema of the lower limbs. The pre, intra and post surgery phases greatly benefit from the complement of Pressotherapy.
- people who have discomfort with walking, fatigue, or fluid retention.
But does home pressure therapy really work?
Pressotherapy is an aesthetic treatment that is enjoying a great deal of success both because it gives excellent results and because it immediately gives a pleasant feeling of well-being, so yes, it really works.
Pressotherapy is used to treat cellulite because its action acts on the venous and lymphatic circulation making it better both aesthetically and for the body, therefore it fights and treats imperfections such as cellulite and water retention, edema and so on.
The tools used send pressure inputs to the body tissue, dosed according to the subject, through a centripetal sequence that follows those of venous blood and lymph, following the rhythm of the body
This type of sequence allows an easier entry of the interstitial fluid into the lymphatic vessels and facilitates the movement of the body and that is why we speak of pressotherapy and cellulite.
The treatment is mainly used for the legs and can be combined with other therapies and aesthetic treatments: manual massages, specific wraps with essential oils, seaweed wraps, etc.
The benefit that it brings in a proven way is a toning of the tissues with the elimination of excess fluids and an improvement in circulation, which is what gives the person a feeling of lightness and true well-being in the legs, therefore not only positive external effects. but also internal.
It is also possible to undergo Pressotherapy in the presence of circulatory insufficiency, reactive skin fibrosis, edema, lymphatic and lymphedermal stasis, post-operative treatment, joint disorders, hypotonia, lymphatic drainage, cellulite, swelling, sprains and sciatica.
However, not everyone can undergo pressure therapy, in fact it is not suitable for those suffering from varicose veins, heart or arterial failure, skin lesions, lymphangitis, thrombophlebitis, osteoporosis, tumors, peripheral arterial insufficiency and plexopathy.
Obviously my advice is always to ask the doctor who has known us for some time if we can do this type of prolonged treatment.
It is impossible not to think about asking such questions before having an important pressure on the veins and the lymphatic system, you can never start something without taking information and asking our doctor for an opinion.
The most widespread opinions on pressotherapy
What appear to be the strengths in continued treatment with the purchase of a home working machine are evident.
We are always talking about devices that even if they have a rather substantial price can be considered constant companions and therefore, if we think about it, all the initial cost is amortized with continuous use.
The most widespread opinions speak of a sensation of immediate lightness that is accompanied by a much more active diuresis.
In fact, the idea of stimulating the liquids that remain stagnated in our body can only be the best solution among all those that have proposed to us, even using drugs and supplements, until now.
In fact we are talking about pressure, nothing medicinal, so this is already much healthier than much else.
Many argue that even not being doctors or beauticians this type of device is very easy to use, so it is easy to insert those air chambers and then operate them, moreover maintaining a very low, almost imperceptible noise.
How to do pressotherapy to lose weight?
Not only does pressure therapy make you lose weight, it also helps the whole body. The main reason why it is used is to alternately move the venous and lymphatic flows from the bottom up – from the ankles to the hips and buttocks.
Rhythmic contraction (i.e., the patient feels the effect of pressure) activates various organs and systems. What is pressure therapy really for:
- outer and inner layers of the skin;
- deep veins;
- lymphatic vessels;
- subcutaneous fatty layer.
The effectiveness of pressotherapy in cellulite is due to the fact that, with the help of the computer, the tissues are “squeezed”.
Thus, all unnecessary fluid accumulated between cells is eliminated from the intercellular space and, together with the lymph, is released outside the body with the help of the skin and kidneys. Sweat toxins also come out.
As a result, the fluid between the cells is completely wiped out.
What is the slimming result?
This is an effective method of treating and preventing cellulite, varicose veins and edema. In addition, the complex of procedures allows you to get rid of the extra pounds.
The use of pressotherapy for weight loss, in fact, is very popular and effective thanks to the ability to disperse the lymph in a few sessions and significantly increase the outflow of blood in the vessels.
In fact what happens?
- metabolic processes begin to flow faster
- in the body the water balance is restored
- the intercellular fluid is cleared of toxins
- the walls of the vessels come into tone and become elastic
- the feeling of excessive muscle load disappears in the legs
- the thickness of cellulite decreases
- the swelling disappears
- muscle tissue relaxes
- the external and internal state of the skin improves
Reduce cellulite with pressotherapy
Pressotherapy helps reduce cellulite by stimulating circulation, lymphatic drainage and detoxification, which is much more effective than other cellulite treatments that focus on removing fat.
Cellulite is partially a problem of poor circulation / water retention and consequent accumulation / inflammation of the toxin, so anything that increases blood circulation / lymph drainage (and thus helps detox and reduce inflammation) can reduce cellulite as well.
Different women have different types of cellulite. If your type of cellulite is characterized by excessive water retention / inflammation of the cells, you will get a good result after a pressotherapy treatment.
Conversely, if your cellulite is characterized by a lot of fat accumulation, a lack of skin firmness or a lot of fibrosis (hardening of the connective tissue), then a pressotherapy session will provide mediocre results and will need to be combined or replaced by vigorous treatment of the cellulite, such as high intensity radiofrequency and / or ultrasound.
In this way, pressotherapy can improve the effectiveness of any anti-cellulite treatment by accelerating the transport of fat released by adipocytes (fat cells) away from the cellulite tissues.
Contrary to popular belief, fat that is not removed from an area after a lipolytic (fat-releasing) cellulite treatment is typically reabsorbed by the adipocytes, thereby reducing the effectiveness of the treatment.
Pressotherapy, therefore, helps to prevent this reabsorption, it is the ideal companion for all other anti-cellulite treatments as it improves their effectiveness.
Since all types of cellulite are characterized by water retention (only the severity of water retention varies), some positive results will always occur with pressotherapy, even if used as the only treatment.
Only the degree of improvement will vary based on the type of cellulite.
Of course, if you combine pressotherapy with a lipolytic or skin firming cellulite treatment, as mentioned above, you will always have good results, regardless of the type of cellulite.
The best 7 machines for pressure therapy: costs and prices
1. VEIN ANGEL PREMIUM Massage device for legs & abdomen :: wave massage with 4 air cushions for feet, belly and waist :: 3 programs + remote control
- A MASSAGE PAR GLISSEMENT SUR LE VENTRE – The abdominal belt included for the boitier de commande Vein Angel vous also permits an agréable massage par glissement au niveau du ventre et de la taille – from 95 to 110 cm de tour de ventre.
- FOUR AIR CHAMBERS FOR A UNIFORM AND DEEP MASSAGE – Vein Angel 4 Premium offers a sliding wave massage with four air cushions per leg: being overlapped (see photo), empty spaces are avoided.
- SILENT MASSAGE – With only 60 dB it emits more or less the noise of a refrigerator. This way you can talk, read or relax without any problems during the massage.
- SIMULTANEOUS WAVE MASSAGE ON FEET, LEGS, ABDOMINUM & HIPS – enjoy a pleasant wave massage from the feet to the abdomen thanks to the abdominal band, the leggings and the special set of tubes included.
- THREE PROGRAMS, DEACTIVABLE ROOMS, CUSTOM TREATMENT – Vein Angel 4 Premium offers three preset massage programs to choose from (see image) and allows you to disable individual air chambers, for a completely personalized treatment. Very convenient thanks to the remote control!
This is a product that works very well, it is considered one of the best to find for sale on the web but it is certainly one that has a very high price.
In fact what 499 euros.
This is a complete massage, with 4 air chambers, which are able to work from the belly to the tip of the toes. There are also 3 pre-defined massage programs and they all work differently in the various areas, including the various pads.
The device, moreover, can be adjusted very easily with the remote control and with the control panel which is used to start, close and regulate what happens during the treatment.
This is not only a product that serves to relax but it is a professional product, in fact many opinions compare this type of device to all those that we can find in beauty centers.
So, if we are right in saying that this machine is very valid, we can also perfectly understand how easy it is to amortize such a high cost in a few months.
- the better the diuresis
- light legs
2. Beurer FM 150 Vein Trainer, Pressotherapy for Restoring the Venous Circulation of the Legs
- Compressed air massage with air cushions that swell and deflate improving venous blood circulation by restoring the function of the veins
- The two leg sleeves are adaptable thanks to the hook and loop fasteners, they are also equipped with an alternating pumping function and quick emptying of the air cushions
- Intensity of the continuously adjustable massage that promotes vascularization and reduces the sensation of swollen and tired legs; it also prevents varicose veins and telangiectasias and relieves muscle contractures
- Simple to use via the manual switch with safety STOP button and timer function (10/20/30 minutes) to ensure optimal application times
- Mains or battery operated (4 AAA batteries included) which together with the practical case included allows versatile use both at home and on the road
In this case we are dealing with a product that does not cost at all like the previous one, on the contrary it costs 199 euros, therefore less than half the previous one.
This happens not so much because we are not dealing with a quality product but because we are dealing with a much more essential product. In fact, here we are talking about two sleeves that take legs and feet and that can be programmed up to a maximum of 30 minutes in which you work on those areas with a certain pressure.
We are, in fact, thinking about a Beuer branded product that is not at all a device that does not work but is, on the contrary, a product that does its duty and that helps, very much, the peripheral circulation.
Many opinions claim that this is an excellent anti-fatigue device for both the ankles and the feet. As an elderly person it is easy to have swollen legs, ankles and feet and this type of appliance can help a lot, no doubt about it.
3. VITALZEN MINI Foot massager (model 2019) – Electric massager with massage for compression, thermal and pressotherapy – 2 Years Warranty GLOBAL RELAX® Italy
- 3 massage modes (kneading, air and combined) and 3 adjustable intensity levels (low-medium-high) – Massage roller providing kneading massage in the instep and heel, and heat massage in the sole of the foot – Innovative “Zhou Bo” massage that combines with the traditional acupuncture massage
- Easy-to-handle control panel with only 5 main buttons – Massage timer: 10-15-20 minutes – Removable cover that can be easily washed
- Its studied avant-garde design, in the shape of a beetle, allows you to enjoy a professional foot massage. A unique design and careful distribution of the massage points ensure that the massager adapts perfectly to the structure of the human foot, emulating the massage performed by a reflexology professional. It can be used every day before going to bed, while watching television, …
- Safer use as it is equipped with double safety protection: overheating protection and electrical overload protection
- EUROPEAN QUALITY: Sold by Global Relax Italia (TO) – OFFICIAL 2 YEAR WARRANTY – Optional: 5 YEAR PLUS WARRANTY extension (2 3 Years). For more information contact the Global Relax Customer Service – Instruction Manual in Italian – Dimensions: 40 X 24 X 44 cms. – Weight: 6 kgs.
This is yet another type of product, in the sense that we are talking about a device, which always costs 199 euros, which acts as a professional foot massager.
In fact, in this case, the feet are inserted into these two holes and then you can decide at what speed and with what type of massage to work on the feet in 30 minutes of work.
Also in this case we cannot but think that this could be a device that is very useful to improve what is the peripheral circulation and in addition it helps to drain the liquids that stagnate in that area and also helps to improve in other parts of the body, especially if we believe, and this is proven, in what is oriental reflexology which makes one area of the sole of the foot correspond to another organ of the body, up to an improvement in the level of stress that is certainly essential.
A very compact device, very nice to keep at home and to use while watching TV.
- vigorous massage
4. Portable pressotherapy new more complete model
- NEW MODEL: Includes 3 sets of connection tubes for use in separate areas. This device promotes blood circulation and performs a deep massage using atmospheric pressure. It reduces the feeling of fatigue and helps the elimination of liquids
- It is a nice gray color, the tubes are made of high quality silicone and connect easily. It has an easy-to-use switchboard to choose the program that best suits your needs. Its size is small to be able to store and transport it comfortably.
- It has an easy-to-use switchboard to choose the program that best suits your needs. Its size is small to be able to store and transport it comfortably.
- Contains: – 2-legged boots. – 2 cuffs for thighs / arms or waist. – 2 models – 1 switchboard. – 1 transformer for current. – 3 sets of tubes: 1 for legs and sleeves. 1 only for the legs. 1 only for tubes – 1 multilingual manual. 15 minutes timer Input power: AC100-240V 50 / 60Hz.
This is a fairly minimal model for pressotherapy where we have 3 connection tubes that need to be used in separate areas.
This type of device works on the circulation and the lymphatic system and works with a switchboard which is very easy to use and which can continuously massage all the areas that interest us for 15 minutes.
Given the price, which is about 85 euros, we are talking about a product that absolutely does its job and that also does it well, that is, without having great features but still helping to drain liquids correctly.
So without too much delay, and especially if we don’t have who knows what economic availability to buy more complete and professional products, we cannot fail to consider purchasing this model that does what it should, without too many frills.
- easy to use
5. Air compression leg and leg massager with electronic circulation packs for ankle and sunrise therapy.
- People who work in the office often don’t move, often feel tired and don’t have time for sports. This air massager is perfect for you. It can easily relieve daily fatigue, promote blood circulation, and effectively relieve skin. Restless legs syndrome, swelling of the legs and feet.
- This air massage device includes upper, lower extremities, controller, silica gel tube, adapter, manual (Italian language not guaranteed) To massage thighs, calves and feet.
- With 9 intensity modes is very practical, the massager can be easily adjusted with the manual device, to adjust the intensity mode.
- The leg set can be easily adapted to change the size and thickness for different people.
These are shoes that can really serve a lot to all those who are forced to sit for a lot of hours for work and who return home with sore feet or heavy legs, therefore not allowing them to rest in a conscious and regenerating way.
Precisely for this reason, buying this type of device, moreover at a very low cost, that is about 49 euros, cannot be ignored, especially if we want to have a quick and constant relief after a hard day.
There are 9 different intensities that can be entered and which modify the massage and pressure. Many argue that the product works well and that it works by improving our fatigue condition.
- buy for a song
- light to wear
6. I-TECH Pressure therapy device
This is a professional product that has the cost of a professional product, in fact, about 599 euros, and is considered one of the most complete ones that can be bought online.
Also in this case we have a series of different air chambers that can be used from the belly to the tip of the toes.
We are dealing, in fact, with a complete machine, of those that are used in beauty centers, and which is equipped with a control panel but also with a remote control with which we can adjust what is the pressure that we think is right for that. air chamber.
In fact, each room has the ability to be adjusted differently.
- super serious product
- appliance used in beauty centers
7. VITALZEN PLUS Massager for feet, legs, knees and thighs – Yellow – Electric massager with vibration massage, thermal, airbag and pressotherapy – 2 Years Warranty GLOBAL RELAX® Italy
- Massage system consisting of 30 air massagers with 3 massage modes (complete – lower – upper) and with 3 adjustable intensity levels (low – medium – high). Kneading massage system with active rollers and 3 massage modes (continuous – short breaks – long breaks)
- Carbon fiber that applies a thermal massage in the area of the thighs and ankles
- It consists of 2 independently reclining sections: the upper section has a maximum reclining angle of 110 ° and the lower one has a lower reclining handle with an inclination angle of 20 °. It also has rear wheels that make it easy to transport
- Easy-to-handle control panel – Quiet massage (less than 45dB) – Removable and washable canvas lining – Automatic shutdown function after 15 minutes of use
- EUROPEAN QUALITY: Sold by Global Relax Italia (TO) – OFFICIAL 2 YEAR WARRANTY – Optional: 5 YEAR PLUS WARRANTY extension (2 3 Years). For more information contact Global Relax Customer Service – Instruction Manual in Italian – Dimensions: 42 X 57 X 50 cms – Weight: 20 kgs.
This is one of the most complete models, it is the plus model of the first Vitamin we told you about at a slightly higher cost, around 549 euros.
This system consists of 30 different massagers that are located in the air chambers and you can choose between 3 different massage modes and between 3 equally adjustable intensity levels.
The rollers are active and the massage can be continuous, with short breaks or long breaks.
These carbon fiber leggings also apply a thermal massage in the area of the thighs and ankles and can also be reclined, between the lower and upper areas, independently.
The upper area has a recline angle of 110 degrees, the lower area has a recline angle of 20 degrees.
There are also wheels that allow you to transport it from one side to the other with greater ease. The massage is considered silent, the canvas with which it is covered can be detached and washed.
And if you don’t use it for more than 15 minutes, it switches off automatically.
It improves the area of the twins, ankles, thighs and feet, also using the oriental reflexology technique that allows us to improve our whole body, and even our mind, by massaging some specific points on the soles of our feet.
- very comfortable
- good looking