Today is World Pancake Day, and I’m celebrating by posting a delicious recipe for diet pancakes that are less than 70 calories each. These are the unbeatable fresh blueberry and lemon diet pancakes, with only one gram of fat and two grams of simple sugars per piece.
Let’s see how to make them.
DIET PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRIES AND LEMON
- For 14 pancakes
- 200 grams of double zero flour
- a teaspoon of vanilla yeast or cream of tartar (in this case add half a teaspoon of baking soda)
- a teaspoon of honey or agave or maple syrup
- 75 grams of blueberries
- the zest of an untreated lemon
- 200 ml of skimmed milk or soy milk
- a pinch of salt
- a large egg
- a little butter to grease the non-stick pan (about a level teaspoon).
Add the baking powder, blueberries, lemon zest, salt to the flour. In another bowl, beat the egg and add the milk slowly, finally the honey. Pour the liquid mixture into the solid one.
Now that you have the dough, heat the pan, add a small piece of butter, remove the excess with absorbent paper, and spoonfuls the mixture (about 4 pancakes at a time). Wait until the pancakes are cooked underneath before turning them, two minutes per side is enough.
Serve the diet pancakes hot, sprinkled with cinnamon.
Nutritional values for pancakes: 69 calories, one gram of fat, 12 grams of carbohydrates including 2 of simple sugars, two grams of protein.