Notice to seafarers: to read the books I recommend in this post, you need to know English well enough . Otherwise, read this article and follow these very easy tips.
Today I will explain how to burn fat and increase metabolism according to two books written by two fitness experts , who unlike other fitness experts have not solved the problem by telling you to buy supplements and gorge yourself on proteins or make a specific diet that eliminates the two thirds of what we commonly eat. On the contrary, they both offer advice that we can keep over time, and healthy.
The first book is by Tom Venuto , a bodybuilder who wrote the book Burn the Fat / Feed the muscle , which you can find on Amazon .
Tom argues that to burn fat it is not necessary to go on a diet , but to give yourself three months to learn how to eat well and move better, in order to lose all the excess fat and tone the muscles, increase metabolism and no longer have problems with overweight.
Here’s how in three steps.
- We follow a diet with moderate carbohydrates and more proteins: using a free app like FatSecret, we eat 40% carbohydrates, 40% protein and 20% fat. Without the app, here’s how.
A) Each meal including snacks must have the same carbohydrate ration (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, fruit, baked goods) and the same protein ration (Greek yogurt, egg whites, white fish, lean meat, tofu, milk skim and 0% fat dairy products, legumes). Vegetables, on the other hand, are free and do not replace carbohydrates.
B) If we used those proteins , add a tablespoon of oil or a tablespoon of oil seeds or a dozen almonds or olives or a tablespoon of cocoa or a small piece of dark chocolate.
C) If instead we used eggs, fatty fish such as salmon or mackerel, a piece of aged cheese or a non-skimmed dairy product , we reduce the fat of point B by half.
- We do weights in the gym at least 3 times a week for an hour per session , trying to lift as much weight as possible (without hurting ourselves) and maybe reducing the repetitions of the exercises. Otherwise we do a 15 minute HIIT workout a day.
- We try to increase the consumption of vegetables (especially green, leafy) at lunch and dinner , preferably before the meal.
- We rest more at night, to reduce stress.
The other book is by Jackie Warner , and is titled This is why you are fat , you can find this one at Amazon as well.
To the first tips of Tom Venuto, we add those of Warner, thus obtaining the perfect diet for burning fat.
- Prefer sources of wholemeal carbohydrates, i.e .:
basmati rice, brown rice, wholemeal pasta, wholemeal bread (rye, oat, barley, Wasa, etc.), whole oat flakes, grains, false cereals (quinoa, amaranth, etc).
- If we want to indulge in a small cheat , whether it is a snack (i.e. with a maximum of 150 calories) or as a substitute for a meal, but always on training days, preferably afterwards. The ideal in this case would be to do it once a week.
- We prefer organic and seasonal food, often varying fruit and vegetables.
- We avoid industrial products, preferring natural sources of food: that is, whole grains, legumes, eggs, meat, fish, oil seeds, fruit and vegetables, possibly local dairy products and cheeses. Everything else is best avoided.
By following these rules by focusing on a natural diet and physical activity rather than counting calories, there are people who have lost as much as 50 pounds in 6 months. The secret? These are feasible things, which allow us to improve our lifestyle without making sacrifices. And this can be the key to success.