Bicarbonate of soda or is a very versatile ingredient, cheap and widespread in all supermarkets.
Always having it at home can be very useful.
Let’s review what all the uses and benefits of baking soda are .
- What is baking soda
- What is baking soda used for?
- How much bicarbonate to take per day?
- Properties of sodium bicarbonate
- Benefits of baking soda
- You use baking soda
What is baking soda
Sodium bicarbonate, also known as sodium hydrogen carbonate , is a naturally occurring salt of carbonic acid mainly dissolved in surface and groundwater.
At room temperature it appears as a white, water-soluble powder.
What is baking soda used for?
Baking soda is a very versatile ingredient , useful not only in the kitchen, but also for neutralizing odors, cleaning surfaces, removing stubborn stains or cleaning difficult areas such as the oven or tiles.
Additionally, it has a number of health benefits , for example, it can help relieve digestive upset.
How much bicarbonate to take per day?
In principle, it is advisable not to exceed the dose of 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate per day , but each health condition and need must be evaluated individually with your doctor.
As with everything that is taken, there are side effects of sodium bicarbonate , for example: sodium bicarbonate contains, precisely, sodium, therefore, prolonged or excessive use is not recommended , especially in case of hypertension .
Properties of sodium bicarbonate
Baking soda boasts several properties , which make it really useful on several occasions. Let’s see some of them:
- Removes pesticides from fruits and vegetables.
- Stain remover.
- Neutralizes odors.
Baking soda and lemon
Benefits of baking soda
Baking soda can be used to relieve some symptoms, including acidity and heartburn.
In fact, drinking water and baking soda can help counteract the symptoms of poor digestion.
Not only that, it has several health benefits, let’s see some of them:
- Relieves gastroesophageal reflux symptoms .
- It has an antibacterial and antimicrobial effect, useful, for example, to sanitize the mouth and teeth or as a cure for cystitis .
- It soothes the pain caused by canker sores .
- Enhance sports performance.
- Relieves itching and sunburn .
A cure for cystitis
You use baking soda
From cooking, to cleaning, to well-being , the uses of baking soda are so many!
Let’s see together what are the main uses:
- Digestive and antacid.
- Sanitize and whiten your teeth.
- Natural deodorant.
- Sanitize fruit and vegetables.
- Promote leavening in the kitchen.
- Make legumes more digestible.
- Beat the egg whites better.
- Soften some compounds, such as omelettes or mashed potatoes.
- Neutralize refrigerator odors.
- Remove the stains from clothes and surfaces.