The Snack Diet is a weight loss regimen designed for people who like to eat frequently.
And that due to digestive difficulties or other problems they find it difficult to manage their diet over three main meals.
For example, they experience post-meal sleepiness, do not have time to prepare healthy and complete meals, have special shifts or have problems with hunger between meals.
Taken from Dr. Keri Glassman’s ” Snack Factor Diet “ , the Snack Diet is a diet that works if we simply pay attention to this rule .
Every single meal must be balanced with a third of fat, a third of carbohydrates and a third of protein.
In this way we can eat even six or seven times a day, keeping the blood sugar stable.
This provided you don’t overdo it at breakfast, lunch and dinner, which must therefore be reduced.
An example of possible snacks for the snacking diet is as follows.
The values are around 150 calories per snack.
- Half an apple (100 grams) with 20 grams of Parmesan, or 10 almonds or 10 grams of dark chocolate.
- 200 ml of skimmed or soy milk with coffee and stevia + a rice cake with 1 teaspoon of sugar-free jam.
- 100 grams of carrot with 100 grams of whole Greek yogurt.
- A slice of rye bread with 2 slices of bresaola and a cucumber.
- A bruschetta of 20 grams of bread with a crushed tomato, a tip of a teaspoon of oil and a spoonful of cottage cheese (35 g) plus oregano.
- 125 grams of low-fat yogurt with 5 almonds and half a banana.
- A hard-boiled egg with a cucumber and a corn cracker.
- 10 grams of dark chocolate with 100 grams of Greek yogurt.
- 120 grams of a fruit of your choice with 10 grams of pistachios.
- A fruit sorbet obtained by blending 100 grams of whole Greek yogurt with 100 grams of frozen peach.
- A pack of pavesini or two biscuits of your choice with 100 grams of skimmed Greek yogurt.
- A pancake with 70 grams of mashed banana and a small egg.
SCHEME OF THE DIET OF SNACKS
We choose 3 snacks from those offered per day, and for breakfast, lunch and dinner we simply reduce calories in this way.
A skimmed protein food between 200 ml of skimmed or soy milk or a 125 gram low-fat yogurt or 100 grams of skimmed Greek yogurt + 2 rusks or wasa and 2 teaspoons of jam / a level tablespoon of honey or 150 grams of fruit or 35 grams of oat flakes + unsweetened coffee or tea
Half a portion of pasta or rice or cereals (45 grams), 250 grams of vegetables of your choice plus 50 grams of light skimmed ricotta or natural tofu or natural tuna for the same weight or 80 grams of boiled legumes + a level teaspoon of oil + 50 grams of a fruit of your choice. Instead of rice or pasta: about 50 grams of bread or 180 grams of potatoes / sweet corn.
Mixed green salad with only lemon juice or apple cider vinegar + 120 grams of white meat or lean fish (if smoked salmon or similar reduce to 80 grams) or 80 grams of bresaola or two eggs + a 100 gram fruit. As an alternative to the salad: a portion of minestrone without oil, legumes or potatoes.
In this way we can afford from 3 to 4 snacks , for a total of 1300/1450 calories, and lose weight having the feeling of not being deprived of anything.