With the warm season, invitations to go out are poured, even during the week. Picnics, aperitifs, picnics and packed lunches on the beach, as well as evenings out become a habit of sunny periods and evenings with clear skies and a slightly sparkling air. All nice: but the calories? And how to combine it all with the desire to stay in shape in order to show off cool dresses and bikinis by the sea in a safer way? In this article we see the alternatives for a healthy and picnic fast food, useful for taking off the whim by keeping calories under control, for organizing aperitifs at home with healthy snacks, for a picnic or some low-calorie snack to compensate for going out.
HEALTHY FAST FOOD: THE SUMMER ALTERNATIVES
– Instead of chips, toasted corn and savory snacks: if you are out, order a plate of crudités, which are carrots, celery and thinly sliced cucumbers, often accompanied by a sauce. Obviously the sauce is best forgotten. If you make an aperitif at home, offer plates of datterini tomatoes with toothpicks on the side, a bowl of Greek olives, and spinach chips : spinach chips are obtained by washing and drying a handful of fresh spinach, and then season them with a tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt and paprika and put them in the oven at 200 ° for 15-20 minutes.
– Instead of the hamburger, the burger chicken:in many places today they have this alternative, and often also an alternative with fish, rather than the meat burger which weighs at least 180 grams. In the summer, a chicken or a fish burger is better, as long as the fish or chicken are not fried. – Instead of the usual rice salad, the rice salad with crunchy vegetables: boil about 250 grams of brown rice, even red, for 4 people and in a large bowl mix it with 2-3 diced cucumbers, salad tomatoes, a dozen pitted olives, carrots and rocket blended in a mixer, 2-3 thinly sliced Tropea onions. Season with a tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice and a tablespoon of pesto. – Instead of cheesecake, the extra-light yogurt cake:
just mix 500 grams of white skimmed Greek yogurt with 3-4 eggs, 6 tablespoons of sugar, a tablespoon of Truvia and 200 grams of red fruits of your choice plus a bag of vanillin and a bag of vanilla pudding preparation. Put the mixture in the oven and then when it is cold in the fridge, with a veil of sugar-free jam on top. An ideal and balanced summer dessert.
– Instead of the usual spirits, mimosa cocktails and peach prosecco:if you are out, for an aperitif or after dinner, avoid alcohol, spirits and cocktails. Better a mimosa (orange juice and prosecco) or a glass of prosecco and that’s it. If you invite people home, steep yellow peaches and orange slices in 750 ml of prosecco and serve this 90-calorie-a-glass light cocktail. Do you want a cocktail at all costs? Always opt for spritz!
– Instead of fruit salad, a slice of watermelon or melon: avoid fruit salad in summer. These are mixed fruit to which sugar is added. A little too much both as a snack and after a meal. If you want to freshen up your mouth, a slice of melon or pineapple is ideal. And as a snack? Try a glass of chopped watermelon with mint leaves and 30 grams of crumbled feta cheese on top.
– Instead of ice cream, sorbet: fruit sorbet is a milk-free fruit ice cream. Ideal as an after-meal if you have gone out for dinner and everyone around you screams to finish the evening with a nice ice cream. A cup of lemon fruit sorbet gives you no more than 100 calories. Strawberry about 130.