Neck pain characterizes the spine part of the neck. At the bone level the affected vetebras are the 7 cervicals.
The symptoms are varied but mainly affect the neck, head and shoulders .
With the exception of trauma to the cervical area, the common neck pains, called neck pain , are due to excessive muscle tension in the area , which affects the entire proximal bone and muscle segment: head, back, neck, face.
Symptoms of neck pain
Assuming that the primary cause of common neck pain is attributable to the muscles, the main symptoms are the following:
- neck pain : the affected part is painful, at rest and more during the more banal movements of the neck and head. The muscles are rigid and reactive to the touch, and often inhibit the normal rotational and bending movements of the neck;
- headache : muscle tension in the neck is also transmitted to the muscles of the head, both from a mechanical point of view (pain due to muscle stiffness) and vascular: a suffering musculature does not allow adequate vascularization of the covered bands;
- dizziness and dizziness : as with headache, muscle stiffness, not allowing adequate vascularization of the head and neck muscles, hinders the adequate blood supply to the brain;
- labyrinthitis : labyrinthitis is often accompanied by pain from the cervical part of the spine;
- nausea and vomiting : contracted muscles can compress the vagus nerve that runs through the cervical tract. The function of the vagus nerve is to regulate the production of gastric acid and the movements of the stomach. When compressed and inflamed, as in the case of compression by the cervical muscles, it can induce nausea and vomiting.
Tips to give cervical wellness
Causes of cervical inflammation
The human body is an inseparable set of apparatuses; each structure, organ, functional segment, works for the balance of the whole, and takes charge of the criticalities and imbalances of the other structures.
When a part goes into distress, the whole body tries to remedy, compensating and / or replacing, as far as possible, the functions of that functional segment. Everything works for the balance of the whole, according to a principle of priority.
According to this holistic view , the symptoms of cervical pain are not caused only by a lack of flexibility of the muscles of the cervical tract, but can also be caused by the distal systems.
There is a correlation between chronic fatigue , states of excessive muscle tension in the back and legs, intestinal disorders , sleep disturbances, mouth and teeth disorders, postural problems , and cervical problems.
Often neck pain is not the main cause, but only one of the concomitant symptoms whose origin is to be found elsewhere.
Cervical inflammation according to analogue medicine
According to analogical medicine , neck pain gives indications on the individual’s ability to cope with the “burdens” of life : responsibilities, commitments. It also gives indications on how to support the instinctive part of oneself and on the communication between rationality (represented by the head) and instinctuality (represented by the thoracic tract) .
The difficulty in moving the head can mean difficulty in saying yes or no profoundly to what is happening, while cervical pains that radiate along the arms are connected to the concrete ability to transmit an intent to the part of us that is delegated to give concreteness to these purposes. .
Also try foot reflexology for the neck