Are you looking for tricks to speed up your metabolism? I cannot promise you that by reading this article you will be able to lose the extra pounds , but I am convinced that to lose weight you need to use your head, try to understand certain mechanisms and above all, limit low-calorie diets.
But how is it possible to lose weight without a diet? I didn’t say that, but I’m right about one thing: doing weight loss diets all the time is wrong. And especially if you want to speed up your metabolism the last thing you need to try is to lose weight and stay on a low calorie diet.
The first thing you need to know if you want to speed up your metabolism is this: your metabolism increases when you eat more, it decreases when you eat less. In no way can you maintain a high metabolism by eating little. Simply because the metabolism is adapting according to the energy availability that we give it through food.
The less food we give them, the more efficient the metabolism will be: metabolic efficiency is the first characteristic of obese people , it is that “I eat but I don’t burn” that many people complain about. But if obese people eat a lot, say the case, why don’t they have a high metabolism? Because on the one hand they eat too much and move little, and on the other hand they are metabolically efficient, that is, they are in a state where the body prefers to conserve energy instead of burning it.
Metabolic efficiency = slow metabolism.
On the other hand, to speed up the metabolism we need two things:
– not to be on a low-calorie diet
– not to be “metabolically efficient”
How can we get the two together?
Here’s everything you need to know in one article.
Metabolic efficiency, therefore slow metabolism, is linked to:
- low-carbohydrate diets: carbohydrate metabolism, i.e. carbohydrate metabolism, is the body’s preferred metabolic pathway. Carbohydrates are not needed to survive: you have read it in many places and it is true. This must make you understand not that they are useless, but how important they are: the body can get them from the proteins and fats in the diet and can even get them from the body if we eat little or fast. So they are so important that if plan A (getting carbohydrates from the diet) fails, the body has a plan B, C and even D to be able to get glucose anyway.
- diets where both carbohydrates and fats are very high: fats and carbohydrates both give us energy. With one difference: fats (in a diet in which we already have enough carbohydrates, by which I mean enough: at least 50 to 60% of the daily calorie requirement), are more easily converted into reserve energy. It is more difficult for the body to convert carbohydrates into fat. Just the opposite of what you have been told or read.
- a low percentage of lean mass: muscles burn more calories than fat at rest, even if only slightly, and also doing physical activity “teaches” the body to burn energy.
- stress: under stressful conditions, the body draws more easily from fat for energy. In the long run, this impairs his ability to use carbohydrates for energy purposes. If you want to speed up your metabolism, you need to reduce stress little by little. By sleeping more, and better, avoiding hours of absence of food between meals, avoiding exercising for too long: if you create these conditions, stress hormones will always influence the metabolism. Which will become more efficient, that is, slower until it creates decompensation, or the disease. You will have read that many diseases arise from the body’s response to stress.
- inflammation: inflammation is an immune response. If we scratch ourselves and see the skin swell and redden and hurt, we have proof that it is inflaming: here, that is acute inflammation. When we talk about systemic inflammation, however, we are talking about a chronic state . This state can also be caused by the power supply. For example, type 2 diabetes is the result of an inflammatory state that causes a metabolic problem, of malfunction. Here a lot of lifestyle is involved, but also diet. All the substances that we take in through food and which are not necessary but are even toxic if we expose the body to them every day, are to be avoided. Additives, preservatives, pesticides, thickeners, dyes.It is no coincidence that many obese people eat mostly industrial foods. The poverty of nutrients and the richness of additives is the recipe for disaster. Add drugs taken as candy, bad habits, health problems we didn’t care about, a sedentary lifestyle. Now you know why the body ignites. And it conserves energy by being put on a perpetual state of alert.
To speed up your metabolism you have to solve these five points, namely:
– take less fat, and instead prefer carbohydrates in your diet: you can do this gradually, that is, by slightly increasing your carbohydrates from week to week, cutting fats and foods that are too fatty instead.
– balance meals so that the body always receives more carbohydrates than proteins
– eat (even a little) every time you feel the urge to hunger: this will lower the level of stress. Likewise, it is important to stop eating when we are full.
– solve any health situation that you have underestimated , and eliminate bad habits such as smoking, alcohol, etc.
– increase your lean mass by doing exercises with weights or resistances(without exaggerating and ending up overtraining, see last point)
– do not cut calories
– provide your body with all the macro and micronutrients with a healthy and natural diet
– reduce sources of stress
– keep body temperature under control : the higher it is the body temperature, the more the body is burning energy. If your body temperature is higher after meals than before, you are on the right track. If not, it means that you need to review the previous points. See Barnes Test.
For some people, smaller, more frequent meals work best to speed up their metabolism.
– avoid drinking too much water for “health reasons”:this too can be a good thing but it causes negative effects. You don’t have to avoid drinking, of course, but you don’t have to drink a lot and lose minerals with the idea that maybe this way you will lose weight.
– be patient: if you want to speed up your metabolism, you can’t be in a hurry, precisely because metabolism and health are interrelated. It took years for you to get yourself into the situation you are in now. Do you want to fix things now? Great, but you can’t think of solving the situation overnight.